Empowering Seniors to Prevent Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse. Become a volunteer with the Massachusetts SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) Program.
We invite you to join a team of trained volunteers to counsel and mentor elder consumers to become actively engaged in their healthcare. Become a volunteer and make a significant contribution in ensuring access to quality care and helping a fellow citizen to navigate the complexities of the healthcare payment system. We encourage you to take a stance.
Together we can make a difference!
- Act as ambassador for the MA SMP Program
- Become a trained and certified SMP counselor to assist with the delivery of the SMP Program message and the dissemination of SMP Program brochures, Healthcare Journals and other promotional items
- Identify and cultivate potential relationships that could assist the MA SMP Program broaden its reach and visibility
- Identify community events and other outreach opportunities for the MA SMP Program to conduct informational and educational forums on the SMP Program message: “How to Prevent Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse”
- Respond to or refer inquiries about Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse to the MA SMP Program Office
- Identify deceptive marketing tactics, scams, abuse and fraud and make appropriate referrals
- Track the progress and status of SMP Program referrals
- Attend quarterly MA SMP Program’s Joint Meeting of the SMP Grantees and Advisory Committee and participate in periodic SMP Program Conference Calls
- Utilize your administrative office and computer skills
For more information please contact the MA SMP Program staff by calling 800-892-0890