Become a volunteer with the Massachusetts Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) Program.
We invite you to join our team of trained volunteers who work with Medicare beneficiaries to detect, protect and report healthcare errors, fraud and abuse which costs billions of dollars and can have grave health-related consequences.
SMP volunteers make a significant contribution in promoting consumer engagement. You can take a stance by helping your peers navigate the complexities of the healthcare benefits and payment system.
Together we can make a difference!
As a trained SMP Volunteer you can:
- Act as ambassador for the MA SMP Program.
- Identify and cultivate potential relationships to advance the MA SMP Program’s statewide reach and visibility.
- Assist with the delivery of the SMP educational presentation on “How to Prevent, Detect and Report Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse.”
- Identify community events and other outreach opportunities for the MA SMP Program to conduct informational and educational forums on the SMP Program message “How to Prevent Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse.”
- Respond to or refer inquiries about Healthcare Errors, Fraud and Abuse to the MA SMP Program Office.
- Identify deceptive marketing tactics, scams, abuse and fraud and making appropriate referrals.
- Track the progress and status of SMP Program referrals.
- Participate in periodic SMP Program Conference Calls.
- Utilize your administrative office and computer skills.
For more information please contact the MA SMP Program staff by calling 800-892-0890